IT Support Specialist (part-time)
Reports to: CEO
Location: Houston, TX (610 South Loop @ 288)
Inquiries and Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ziopharm is developing commercially scalable, cost-effective T-cell receptor (TCR) T-cell therapies based on its non-viral Sleeping Beauty gene transfer platform targeting solid tumors. The company has clinical and strategic collaborations with the National Cancer Institute and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. For more information, please visit www.ziopharm.com. Ziopharm is a public company (NASDAQ: ZIOP).
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance along with our external IT consultants for a spectrum of supported business applications, hardware, and software. The ideal candidate will be team-centered and hardworking, capable of thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and possess the ability to take on various support tasks while communicating effectively. The position requires regular interactions within the organization, the ability to troubleshoot issues, and continuous cultivating of positive relationships across teams. This is a part-time role (approx. 15-20 hours per week) onsite at our facility.
- Assist IT consultants with helpdesk support efforts to resolve user needs in a timely manner
- Provides support on a variety of issues including identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems as well as responding to personnel requests for technical support.
- Assist in high level projects including security audits, patch management, system hardening, network monitoring, risk assessment, disaster recovery, business continuity planning and documentation.
- Assist with administering Office 365 services such as email, Teams and Sharepoint
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent 3-5 years of experience required
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with an attention to detail and prompt follow through
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Microsoft server and workstation Operating Systems
- Domain services such as DNS, DHCP and Active Directory
- Office 365 administration
- Computer hardware, software, networks and servers
- VPN’s, Firewalls and Backup procedures
- Working knowledge of VMWare, AWS VPC, EC2, and Workspaces are a plus